Thursday, April 18, 2013

Welcome to my Blog


I am a home based travel agent and I have been doing outside sales for a host agency for the past 12 years. I work with an agency that has a large presence in cyberspace and accommodates my needs as an outside sales agent.  I am a CTA (Certified Travel Associate). I became a member of CLIA and I have my ACC (Accredited Cruise Counselor) and my MCC (Master Cruise Counselor) certificates. My niche is planning cruises for groups; family reunions, weddings, anniversaries, celebrations or fundraising for organizations.

Now, that is enough about me let’s talk about my blog, “Why Clay Travels”. Because I am curious and have a love of learning I have acquired many credentials and certificates during the past twelve years. I will be sharing with you information about the many fascinating destinations, cruises, hotels, resorts, tours or other tidbits I find interesting about travel.

I have found that when I talk to people about travel, they seem to feel they have to plan a huge expensive vacation; nothing could be further from the truth. A vacation can just be a break from the daily routine, a weekend escape visiting a hotel for a Friday and Saturday night. I am working on a certificate from the Starwood Hotels and Resorts a company that includes the Sheraton Hotels among their nine different brands of hotels. As I studied the different brands of hotels I was amazed how each brand was uniquely different and how as a group they addressed all interest. I will tell you a little about the different brands over the next week as I post.

Today I will share with you information on the Sheraton Hotels, they have 400 properties located in over 100 countries. The hotel is described as, “The world’s gathering place that is warm, comforting and connecting”.  According to the website, the Sheraton has the Sweet Sleeper Bed, it is found in each of the guest rooms and is comprised of luxurious sheets, a deluxe duvet, a selection of feather down and hypoallergenic pillows, and a custom mattress.  Okay, that alone sounds like a great get away for any couple and if you decide the family needs to get away the Sheraton Hotels have over 60 resorts with  22 resorts located in North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment